Saturday, February 7, 2015

The tension keeps building as I await the verdict from the publishers. All I can really do is continue writing and living life as if nothing important is happening. However, in the quiet hours of the day, I have to admit that I go a little nutty. I try to read, but I find it's difficult when I can't stay focused enough to get through more than a few pages.

On the positive, though reading may present a problem, writing does not. And for that I am truly grateful. As my wits fly apart, my muse seems to be perfectly intact. I'm nearing the halfway point in the second Dragonvein novel and should be sending off a portion to editing this week. The new serial is more or less mapped out and it should only take a week or two to finish the first episode. Hell, I've even figured out the plot for the new Godling Chronicles sequel. So all in all the work aspect of my life is thriving.

But once again I find my life as a whole without a sense of balance. This can be dangerous for someone like me who often turns to less than healthy activities in order to release tension. Well, at least the good folks at Heineken and the local pubs will stay in business. It's times like this I wish I lived in Colorado. I could light up a fatty, put on some Pink Floyd, and chill. Sadly, I am not permitted to do so. I just can't imagine explaining to my son why I was arrested for possession. Damn me and my sense of responsibility.



No comments:

Post a Comment