Monday, May 25, 2015

Summer Fat

It's summer, and once again I've decided to get my fat ass back in shape. Sitting behind a keyboard all day (and night) is not exactly conducive to good health, and my wife insists that it's high time to shed some pounds. Being that she hasn't taken out a new life insurance policy on me, I can safely say that her concern in genuine. And she's right. I feel like a bloated bull and look like ten pounds of crap stuffed in a five pound bag. Were this ten years ago, I would be running like a fiend and lifting weights as if I were training for the bloody Olympics. But it seems age has caught up with me. I can only manage brief workouts for now. Of course, a good thing about getting older is patience. That and diminished sense of vanity. So I'll take it one baby step after another. Hopefully, if I keep it up and don't lose focus, by next year people will stop trying to get me back in the water when I walk down the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment